Default Folder X 5.1.6 Testing
Updated July 13, 2017
This version of Default Folder X supports macOS 10.13 High Sierra (which is currently available from Apple as a beta test release). It also adds the ability to use relative paths for Favorites, and fixes a number of bugs and crashes.
delivers these improvements:
- This version supports the developer release of macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- You can now enter relative paths for Favorites. If you use a consistent structure for organizing projects, it can be very helpful to set a favorite such as "../images/" to go to an adjacent "images" folder and be able to use the same favorite in multiple locations. To enter a relative favorite, choose "Add Path or URL" after clicking the '+' icon in Default Folder X > Preferences > Folders > Favorites.
- Fixed a problem with Default Folder X getting confused in certain situations when you clicked on an alias in column view.
- Fixed a bug that caused unsaved comments or tags to disappear if you switched from a Save dialog to another application and then back to the Save dialog.
- Switching folders using Default Folder X's menus now works consistently in file dialogs brought up when changing preferences.
- Added an API that allows software developers to disable Default Folder X for special file dialogs in their Mac applications.
- Eliminated flashing in the user interface when you click on a disclosure triangle in a Save dialog.
- Corrected improper scaling of preview images that could occur in some circumstances.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when clicking on the sidebar in file dialogs.
- Worked around a crash resulting from the macOS Accessibility API failing.
- Several memory leaks and potential crashes have been eliminated.
- Updated Default Folder X's icon.
How to be a beta tester:
In order to beta test, you must have
a stable, predictable machine and be
willing to commit time to work with
us if you discover a bug or conflict.
If you encounter incorrect or confusing
behavior, please try to summarize what
you were doing at the time it happened
and supply that along with a crash
log or screenshot.
Click below to download the public
test version of Default Folder X 5.1.6:
Please note that
Default Folder X 5.1.6b2 is pre-release
software, and as such, may contain
bugs. It has been tested for compatibility
on a number of systems, but has not
been fully qualified and released.
When testing any unreleased software,
you should have a backup copy of any
important files, since a software bug
could cause your Macintosh to crash
and lose valuable data.
Don't assume that a bug you've found
has already been reported!! Please
submit all bug reports and feedback