October 30, 2023
App Tamer 2.8.2 can display just P/E stats in the menu bar, and fixes apps running slowly after waking from sleep.
This release allows you to reduce App Tamer's footprint in your menu bar by displaying performance and efficiency core statistics without showing overall CPU usage. It also fixes several bugs that could result in apps running slowly after waking from sleep or force quitting App Tamer.
This version is a free update for App Tamer 2 users.
What's new in version 2.8.2
- Fixed a bug that could cause slowed processes to run slowly even in the foreground after the system wakes from sleep.
- On Apple Silicon Macs, performance and efficiency core usage can now be shown in the menu bar even when overall CPU usage is not displayed.
- When App Tamer is forced to quit or crashes, it will now restore any process priority and performance / efficiency core settings that it changed for running processes.
- Corrected a problem when reinstalling App Tamer's helper app that could cause the alert to flicker and make it difficult to enter your admin password.
- When entering license information, a bug could cause Little Snitch to silently block App Tamer's attempts to valid a license. This has been fixed.