July 16, 2021
App Tamer 2.6.4 reduces its CPU usage and fixes issues with sleep, fast user switching and VoiceOver.
This version is a free update for App Tamer 2 users. Please note that
if you still have App Tamer 1.x, this is a $7.95 paid upgrade if
you purchased version 1.x before July 1, 2013.
What's new in version 2.6.4
- Eliminated a bug that could cause App Tamer to use more CPU than necessary when managing web browsers and Spotlight.
- Corrected a problem that could result in processes not being controlled correctly immediately after the machine wakes from sleep.
- Fast-user-switching is now handled correctly after the Mac sleeps and wakes and when App Tamer has been temporarily disabled.
- Fixed a bug that could result in App Tamer reenabling itself sooner than it should after it's been turned off.
- VoiceOver now works correctly in the alert announcing installation or updating of App Tamer's helper app.
- Fixed a bug that would cause App Tamer to hang or crash in certain situations.